Chances are you’ve already had your first lobster roll of the season and maybe even a scoop or two of local ice cream. But summer and the delicious food that comes with it, is just getting started (yay!). Make sure you don’t miss feasting on all Long Island has to offer. Here are 20 things to eat (plus some to drink) as we enter peak summer.
1. Fresh strawberry ice cream from Magic Fountain.
2. Tableside guacamole at Coche Comedor.
3. Crab cakes at Navy Beach.
4. A griddled burger (thin and crisp) and fries from Black Door Burger. You’ll find the burger joint behind Long Beach Sandwich Company.
5. Breakfast at Love Lane Kitchen but I warn you it’s hard to choose between the eggs and sweet potato hash or the stuffed French Toast or the…Go with friends and order as much as you can reasonably eat.
6. The breakfast tartine sandwich from Carrissa’s the Bakery. The Edible Long Island team can never get enough of that Salty Soured Pickled Rye. Lucky for us and you, Carrissa’s the Bakery is now open 7 days a week.
7. As many lobster rolls from this list as you can. There are 26 so pace yourself.
8. Pinot Grigio-infused cannoli, need I say more?
9. A kimchi burger (7-ounce chicken burgers topped with hoisin barbecue sauce, kimchi, a sunny-side egg, micro-cilantro and sesame seeds on a brioche bun) from Hush Bistro’s pop up at Prime Huntington.
11. Your weight in strawberries at a local festival.
12. Or pick your own right off the strawberry bush.
13. The rainbow. Rainbow cookie crumb cake, that is, from Sweetie Pie’s on Main.
14. Matcha pancakes with coconut, blueberry and honey. Find them on North Fork Roasting Co.’s new menu.
15. A classic Long Island cake doughnut. Choose between plain, powdered sugar and cinnamon at Dressen’s.
17. Mecox Dairy’s Atlantic Mist mini brie wheel. PSA East Enders: Mecox Direct deliveries resumed May 31.
18. Sip a Belmont Jewel, made with Woodford Reserve bourbon, lemonade and pomegranate juice in honor of last month’s Belmont Stakes.
19. Fish and chips paired with a coconut margaritas at Tres Palms.
20. A coffee from Syosstt’s new caffeine joint Mongo’s Coffee.