Here are five places to take Mom with some terrific water views, and some great seafood too.
- Prime, Huntington: This waterfront restaurant on New York Avenue has terrific views of Huntington Bay. $60 per person includes three courses. Appetizers include an Asian pear salad with radishes, arugula and almonds in a honey-mint vinaigrette. The entrée is pan roasted halibut with herb beurre blanc, cherry tomatoes and quinoa, and for dessert, a lemon meringue torte with raspberry coulis.
- Peter’s Seafood Restaurant, Island Park: Overlooking Barnum Bay, this well-known clam bar and restaurant has been a staple in Island Park for more than 75 years. It will be open on Mother’s Day from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. Blue Point Oysters, whole lobsters and lobster tails are available, as well as a variety of broiled and fried seafood, steamed clams, steaks and chops.
- Wave Seafood Kitchen at Danford’s, Port Jefferson: Danford’s is in the heart of Port Jefferson. It has long been a popular spot for dining and celebrating, and has magnificent views of Port Jeff Harbor. On Mother’s Day they offer a terrific brunch, but you better make your reservation soon. They are already sold out from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. But don’t despair, head on over for a five or six o’clock reservation where the menu will skip the breakfast items and include several more dinner items. Currently on the menu is a carving station featuring prime rib and honey glazed ham, lobster ravioli, mussels fra diavolo, grilled salmon, pork loin with corn bread stuffing, and roasted chicken breast with grilled peach salsa. A variety of salads and desserts will also be offered. Adults are $52.95, children 4-12 are $22.95 and children four and under are free. Price does not include tax or gratuity.
- Ocean at The Crescent Beach Club, Bayville: Ocean has spectacular panoramic views of Long Island Sound, and is offering two ways of celebrating. From 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. a buffet brunch is being served, and will include a variety of eggs and omelets, a carving board with turkey and prime rib, salad bar, a seafood table with jumbo shrimp cocktail, oysters and little neck clams, among other menu items, plus unlimited beer, wine, sparkling wine, mimosas and bloody marys. All for $59.95 per person and $29.95 for kids. If a buffet is not your thing, a special Mother’s Day menu offers a choice of appetizers and entrees to choose. Everything from chicken and waffle satay, to eggs Florentine, crispy skin salmon, sirloin tenderloin and shrimp scampi will be offered at 11 a.m., 2 p.m. and 4:30 and 7:30 p.m. for $49 per person and $19 for kids.
- Harbor Mist, Cold Spring Harbor: Be sure to ask for a window seat upstairs, which overlooks the waters of Cold Spring Harbor. This beautiful historic restaurant is serving a Mother’s Day Brunch from 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m., which will include three courses for $39.95. Lobster Benedict, branzino with cauliflower potato puree, chicken Milanese and Nutella-banana stuffed French toast are just some of the menu items. If you prefer to go for dinner, you can order straight from their special Mother’s Day menu, which includes potato crusted salmon filet, fennel crusted striped bass, pan roasted swordfish with crabmeat-corn risotto, stuffed loin of pork, oven roasted New Zealand baby rack of lamb and more.
Be sure to make your reservations early. A Happy Mother’s Day to all!