Since March, Long Island mom to Daniel and John, Merrie Ober, has been taking us along while she searches for places to take her young sons using only the Long Island Rail Road. She’s started a little close to home, but has ranged further south and east as time has gone on. We’re keeping track on the map below and tweeting her whereabouts #trainingfoods. Where should Merrie and the kids go next?
- Koenig’s 86 s. Tyson Ave., Floral Park, 11001 | koenigsrestaurant.com
- Hildebrandt’s 84 Hillside Ave., Williston Park, 11596 | hildebrandtsrestaurant.com
- Chefs Corner Café 95 Mineola Blvd., Mineola, 11501 | thechefscornercafemineola.com
- International Delight Café 241 Sunrise Hwy #11, Rockville Centre, 11570
- Mediterranean Diner 195 Bedford Ave., Bellmore, 11710 | mediterraneandiner.com
- Shorgasburg LIRR Seaford Train Station 3944 Brooklyn Ave., Seaford, 11783
- Massapequa Perk 117 Front St., Massapequa Park, 11762 | massapequaperk.facebook.com
- Cornucopia Noshery 194 Park Ave. #A, Amityville, 11701 | cornucopiasnoshery.facebook.com
- Love Lane Kitchen240 Love Lane, Mattituck, NY 11952 | lovelanekitchen.com
Click the logo to see all the Training Foods articles.